THE THREE OBJECTIVES THAT UNDERPIN THE PROGRAMME:
- Injuries are prevented where possible;
- Treatment for injury is of a required standard to minimise the immediate impact to the individual; and
- Recovery is supported to ensure the best long-term outcome possible.
THERE ARE SIX SPECIFIC MODULES.
- PLAYER EDUCATION – providing players with skills and techniques to keep them and their team mates safe.
- HEALTH PROVIDER ENGAGEMENT – tools and decision making aids to allow health providers to manage concussion and other sport related injuries more effectively.
- FIRST AID IN RUGBY (FAIR) – first aid education for the rugby community that equips individuals with the skills to better manage injured athletes safely.
- RESPECT AND RESPONSIBILITY - Tailored programme with a focus on respectful relationships, including consent, sexual assault and violence prevention
- RUGBY SPECIFIC WARM-UP – research based injury prevention programme based around a warm-up routine for training and playing rugby.
- COACH AND REFEREE EDUCATION – this represents the current RugbySmart programme that ACC invests in. A detailed addendum to this established module to include the Blue Card initiative forms part of this document. The investment case supporting the current RugbySmart programme is also included in the appendices.