What should I do if a concussion GP is not listed my area?
If a concussion GP is not available in your area, contact your personal GP but keep your receipts so we can reimburse your GP visit.
What should I do between my concussion and visiting a GP?
It's important to know what to look for and what to do if you think a concussion has happened. Concussion symptoms can happen right away, or up to two days after the event.
What are Concussion red flags?
If a player appears to have any of the following symptoms, they must see a doctor right away:
- Neck pain
- Increasing confusion
- Repeated vomiting
- Seizures or convulsions
- Double vision
- Weakness or tingling/burning in arms or legs
- Decreasing levels of consciousness
- Bad or worsening headache
- Unusual behaviour changes
If there are no Red Flags but you think they might be concussed, make sure they:
- See a doctor
- Are with someone responsible and don't go home alone
- Do not drink alcohol or take drugs
- Do not drive
- Rest (no exercise, thinking tasks and screens)
To give players the best chance for a full recovery. it's important to follow best practice. All concussed players should follow the Graduated Return to Learn/Work