No1. Cause of Injury
Episode 2. The No1. Cause of Injury.
It’s easy to see why tackling is the number one cause of injuries in rugby. No tackle is ever exactly the same, but if your players are well-coached and have good technique, then the outcome should be the same – a safe and effective tackle.
About 250 tackles are made in an average game – that’s 250 chances of injury in 80 minutes. But if players have good technique then the odds of injury are significantly reduced.
So, what makes a good coach? Winning games? Winning games is good but that’s the result of being well-coached – one must come before the other.
Host: Jared Tuoro (JT) - NZ Rugby Regional Coach Development Manager
- Dave Perrin - NZ Rugby SI Rugby Coach Development Manager
- Dr Stephen Kara - Blues Super Rugby Physician
- Jamie Tout - VX Sport - Sport Performance Director
- Isaac Carlson - ACC Injury Prevention Portfolio Manager - Sport
- Sam Rash - Coach
- Ben O'Keeffe - Professional Rugby Referee
- Paul Churchman - Captain Premier Reserves, Marist St Pats Rugby Football Club
- Anna Darling - NZ Rugby Women's Rugby Development Manager - Central Region